Bowling Green League of Bicyclists
A group of bicyclists, just like you!
The purpose of the Club is to promote recreation, health and mobility through cycling and cycling-related activities.
We further these purposes by maintaining programs in the areas of touring, racing, commuting, and off-road cycling; by supporting national organizations of like purposes; and by educating our membership and the general public on the benefits of cycling. Maintaining a diversity of programs is a source of strength: casual riders, tourists, mountain bikers, and racers together form one Club; and the assets of the Club, unless designated by the donor for the support of a particular activity, will be used to support the total activities of the Club.
|Vice President||Diane Moats|
|Ride Chair||Catherine Malin|
Questions about the Club may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Us (Video)
Enjoy this short video about BGLOB and bicycling in our community, with thanks to WCPR.
How to use this Website
As we approached the 2021 riding season, we began to envision a better way to promote and support riding as both a club and as individual riders. We began to envision this website as a hub to communicate, plan, coordinate, and advertise our activities as a club, fostering a sense of community for bicyclists at all levels of interest, skill, and fitness.
Let’s take a quick tour – starting on this home page.
The text on the left is a blog. Click the title and the format will expand for easier reading and organization. The blog will change periodically and may include multiple articles or links to the other main pages (tabs). As with each of our blogs, if you click it you can comment – please do – tell us what you think – this is your web site!
In the black bar at the top of each page is our email address. Click it to ask a question, send feedback, or introduce new ideas. Next is a direct link to our face book group and a link to our new Instagram site. We need an Instagram maven to step up and help organize it – please done be shy.
On the right side are some critical links.
- First the Meetup Calendar, listing up coming rides in chronological order. If you are not enrolled, please sign up at Meetup.com at no cost to you.
- What’s New is a suggestion for something of special interest. For the first few months of this riding season it will highlight Ride with GPS which will enable active (paid) club members to download routes for turn-by-turn direction using a smart phone or bicycle computer.
- Featured Ride is a suggestion for a route you may enjoy as an individual or in a small group. Initially this year we will highlight new rides out of Chaney’s Dairy Barn on 31 W South; Freeman Park in Plano; and Ed Speer Park In Smith’s Grove.
- Ride with GPS: click to link to the BGLOB library of 1000 plus miles to ride close to home
- Facebook: Share your ideas and accomplishments with our Facebook Group
- Road Bike in Kentucky is a wonderful resource to enjoy this unique environment for bicyclists.
- League of American Bicyclists offers more information about our great sport
Along the top are tabs to take you to areas of interest.
- About Us tells who we are, bylaws, reports – includes a great video done by members last year that highlights riding in South Central Kentucky.
- 2021 Challenge explains our 2021 challenge to get back in the saddle, individually, in small groups, and in club rides – sign up and be a part of it!
- Safety and Education is a product of our new our new standing committee – a good place to find videos and other tips about riding.
- Bike Talk is more conversational and includes a changing set of blogs and articles to discuss how we ride and why we love it.
- Membership is a short page about what you get by being a member and how to join.
- Events lists only major club events this year and featured rides put on by near by clubs that may be of interest.
In 1994, bicyclists formed BGLOB and today it continues in its mission to promote recreation, health and mobility through cycling and cycling-related activities. Today we are proud to be keepers of that tradition.
Remember, all of our BLOGS can be commented on by clicking them and making a comment.
And any time you have a question, email us by clicking on the icon on the right or simply remembering email@example.com.
2021 Annual Meeting
Click to Download BGLOB Bylaws.
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
BGLOB exists to promote our passion – to share our excitement, skills, and motivation. We think it sounds like this:
Responsibility – we follow the rules – helmets – stop signs – lights fore and aft. We take responsibility for our behavior as bicycle riders and set an example.
Encouraging – we encourage others, welcome new riders, and go out of our way to help others along the way. We remember, however long ago, when we were the rookies.
Safety – we understand that our sport is more dangerous than bass fishing. We practice safe habits and encourage them in others. We remember than nearly 1000 people die every year riding bicycles in the United States and we go out of our way to ride defensively.
Polity – we take being nice to each other seriously. We come from every walk of life and we welcome diversity. No politics, no evangelizing (well, except about riding with the wind on your face), and we watch our mouths!
Education – we take seriously our commitment to be advocates for cycling and we go out of the way to help others learn.
Community – we are part of a community and we work with our broader communities, advocacy agencies, parks and recreation, and all manner of others – this isn’t about “us” as individuals.
Tolerance – we embrace and appreciate diversity. Our members are diverse by every measure – as is reflective of our community writ large – we are ambassadors to all who ride at every skill level and with every intent.
If you didn’t get it, we had a Great American record it for us, click to hear.
Web Site: https://bglobky.com